Services Sales Consultant
Salary £80'000 - £95'000 PA
As a Services Sales Consultant, your goal is to incorporate Professional Services into solutions the sales team offer our customers, enabling better adoption. Operating as an overlay to our sales team and sales engineering teams, you will conduct remote and onsite meetings to scope and position our services in a consultative fashion. You will be a key player in the growth of our Professional Services offerings, educating our internal teams and prospects on our capabilities.
You will be part of a winning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
- Provide extensive tactical and strategic pre-sales support for the sales and sales engineering teams as an overlay focused on services sales.
- Discuss technical and business objectives with customers to determine the appropriate Professional Services to meet the customer needs.
- Asist the sales team to sell more Professional Services by educating internal team members on our capabilities, participating in the development of new services, and incorporating feedback into our offerings.
- Gather and write the requirements which are needed to craft Statements of Work and associated services cost estimations.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and yearly services sales goals.
- Collaborate across internal and external teams to evaluate the feasibility and plan for delivering on customized solutions to customers.
- Execute responsibilities using all possible media and methods including conference calls, emails, web demonstrations, on site visits, public presentations, trade show attendance and more.
- Become a technical expert on the products, focusing on methods of deploying, customizing, integrating, optimizing and operating within customer environments.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Professional Services portfolio and its business impact
- Assuming a leadership role, based on field and customer experiences, to inspire customers to consume more Professional Services
- 2+ years firewall and/or networking experience
- 2+ years of international customer-facing in a Professional Services Consultant/Engineer role, or similar
- Experience participating in the sales cycle – writing proposals, POC plans, etc.
- Experience with common compliance regulations (NERC, HIPPA, NIST, PCI)
- Ability to work in a team sales environment, participating in sales strategies as well as individual stand-alone sales activities.
- Ability to understand the highly charged sales situations and hidden agendas
- Highly developed interpersonal skill
- Ability to rapidly understand and articulate new technology.
- A high sense of urgency and deep interest in serving the customer.
- Ability & willingness to travel in Europe (up to 40%) including some international travel
- Firewalls - Hands on functional experience with multiple firewalls platforms to include some of the following: (Check Point, Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet)
- Cloud and Virtualization – Experience with Cloud Security (NSX, OpenStack, AWS etc…) and virtualization technologies (VMWare, NSX, F5, etc.)
- Security Background - Strong security background, industry certifications (CISSP, CISM) a plus
- Systems - Hands-on system administration skills and experience with Linux and supporting technologies such as SSH, LDAP, Active Directory, Radius, TACACS, SIM, and event correlation.
- Networking - Hands on, strong functional understanding of networking
- Desired - Python or other scripting language
- Consultative Skills: Strategic ability to invest time and energy into top accounts to further enhance or establish my client’s trusted advisor status with customers through thorough understanding of the customer environment where we can demonstrate value and impact in new areas of the business. Ability to create net new opportunities and mindshare with clients
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Strong presentation, negotiation and pitch skills. Desired – additional European languages.
- Development Experience: A strong working knowledge of application development cycles, delivery and deployment. Scripting / development exposure required, experience a plus
- Computer Skills: Strong Microsoft office skills